Jun 1, 2022
Episode 44 of the Legal Tech StartUp Focus Podcast (www.legaltechstartupfocus.com/podcast), an interview with Susann Funke, co-founder and CEO of LEX AI (www.lexai.co). As Susann tells us, LEX AI has built proprietary natural language processing tools that automate the preparation of accurate and readable summaries of often voluminous regulations for use by lawyers and business people alike. From there, Susann charts her path from practicing law to co-founding LEX AI . In doing so, Susann describes how a massive client project - with a very tight deadline - motivated her to find a way to automate the immense amount of manual effort that the project required.
Susann also explains how LEX AI:
- has developed key metrics that show how its tools free timekeepers from low value work that clients won't pay for
- gathers valuable feedback from its top-of -funnel sales efforts
- has benefitted from building a diversified team, particularly when it comes to its solution building and cross-border marketing efforts
- uses social media (including Instagram and soon TikTok) to bolster its marketing efforts (particularly among younger lawyers and younger business people)
- finds a welcoming user base inside law school and university classrooms